Thursday, September 11, 2008

American Needlepoint Guild

I had planned on reporting back frequently from the ANG seminar. But somehow the time slipped by me. Getting here was a nightmare - Cathryn and I arrived approximately 10 hours after we were originally scheduled to get here. Then our bags didn't arrived for another 24 hours!

But my classes have been great. I took two of three days of Lois Kershner's Stitching for Perspective. It's a notebook class and I learned a lot. I plan to finish the notebook so I can use it in the store; it's a great reference.

Then, I went on to a color class taught by Janet Mitchell Fishel. We've been tinting and shading colors for two days and creating a color book. Both Amy and I have enjoyed it a lot and also learned a lot.

Expo night was fun last night. I enjoyed seeing people from last year and other times, too.

The exhibit is wonderful. I am always amazed at how incredibly talented people are. I'm also excited about classes for next year. I'll be waiting for the sign up!

Some of our classmates are from Texas and are of course, concerned about their families and homes -- and how they will get home. I hope that the hurricane does as little damage as possible. It also means that getting out of here may be more difficult due to messed up airline schedules.