Monday, January 19, 2009

The TNNA Show

Today, I continued to take classes and to walk the show. I think I walked 5 miles yesterday and today inside the convention center. TNNA has done a breast cancer walk the past few years. This year they let us just sign up at the beginning of the show and we were given pedometers.

Of course, in addition to the fun of shopping, there is the fun of seeing the various designers. I had dinner with Dale of DJ Designs and Emily of Chandall Needlepoint in Houston.

It's fun to see how some of the designers pull their booths together. Hyla Hurley's The Point of It All has fabulous red walls which set off her fun canvases. Shelly Tribbey's canvases are beautifully finished with lots of whimisical women.

I was saddened to learn that Gene Plummer of HP Designs had died in August. I may not see these people often but I do look forward to seeing them at the shows.