Thursday, November 12, 2009

Almost Finished

I've been hoping that my Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree Stocking would be finished very soon. Each night, I get closer and closer. At this point, I have just two buildings to finish, various missed stitches and the beading to do.

It's amazing that the final stitching takes so long. It must be like building a house where the framing happens so quickly but the inside finishing takes forever!

I am very excited to be so close! I can actually taste it. I looked for a picture of my stocking but can't find one in my files. I promise to take one before I send it off.

In trying to decide the fnal color for one of the buildings, I actually xeroxed the stocking in black and white. The black and white image clearly demonstrated to me that the canvas artist had chosen light colors to keep that section light. So although I am moving off the original colors a bit, I will still follow them somewhat.