Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Tony Minieri's Back To Basics Class

 
 
 

We had the second session of Tony Minieri's Back to Basics Class on Monday. It's absolutely one of the best classes I've every taken. Even though I just finished taking it in April, I am enjoying it so much. It has caused me to think about why I am following certain stitching pathways.

We have been really packed for this class since I didn't want to turn anyone away. But everyone has been anxious to learn. Tony also shared some of his canvases with us. Nancy B. showed us her finished Kimono from the ANG 2009 Stitch of the Month. (I should have taken a picture of it but didn't remember until it was too late.) Tony also showed his Batik collage based on African Fabrics -- the next in his series of collages based on regional fabrics. It's beautiful and is going to be done in two colorways. Needless to say, I love the bright one.

I'm determined to try some of his stitch suggestions for canvas embellishment.

Of course, I still haven't finished my stitching for class on Wednesday.
Posted by Picasa