Friday, September 20, 2013

Organizing your Threads

 Many ask how do you keep track of your threads
well this is how I do it.


I start with a skein


I open it up and cut it into two sections

I separate the two equal sections

I place one section back on the tag
so that I may keep track of the color and dye lot'
I use the loose section knowing that I still half half a skein left. 
This helps me figure out quantites when I am working on a project. 
It also lets me know how much I have left when I am completed
to use down the road on another project.

I store both sections of the thread with the tag
in a Floss Away Bag.
I do not mark the bag becasue I have the tag in the bag
allowing me to reuse the bag at a later date.

 I place it on a ring with all the other threads
for that specific project until completed.
After completion I put it on a larger ring
which has all my stash threads broken down by color.
This makes it easy to find things for when I am ready to start another project and gives me a good indication as to
how much thread I have left.
Vanessa