Monday, June 09, 2008

Final Day of the National Needlearts Association Trade Show

I'm almost packed and ready to go back to the show for the last day.

Yesterday, I took a class on personalized plaids. What a great technique! It makes it so easy to personalize gifts. It wasn't that hard. We'll be setting up a class for the fall.

Today I had the opportunity to take a class on Turkey work. I learned several new ways to do. In addition, Amy Bunger showed us how to work the punchneedle vertically. It makes it so much easier.

My sister took two classes on bargello for me so with her notes, we'll be able to do it at the store.

I have ordered some great new ornaments from Ruth Schmuff. Amanda Lawford has a great NYC design that will be coming to Ridgewood Needlepoint soon. I've fallen in love with Charlie Harper's designs all over again -- but this time in needlepoint.

I ordered a silk thread for #13 count and the #24 Kreinik braid.

I can't wait to get back to the shop to show you all what I learned and to tell you what I saw.