Saturday, June 07, 2008

The National Needlework Show

I spent the morning in a class with Amy Bunger on Padding. It was fantastic! As many of you know, I like adding dimension to the designs so I came away with even more ways to pad!

The rest of the day, I walked the show. There were so great designs. Barbara Elmore had added a new chandelier to her Mermaid Chandelier. It's for Halloween and is fantastic. I would say it's a must have for the Halloween obsessed.

Trubey has some great vertical city scenes-NYC, San Francisco, London and Washington, DC. I know some of you will want London while others will prefer NYC.

Danji is bringing out some designs that are line drawing done by Janice. Jill has updated the stitch guides to take advantage of today's threads.

Sharon G is displaying her designs based on Denise W's house in Italy. The canvases are lovely.

I loved Kelly Clark's dimensional baskets. Needlepoint Broad has some wonderful shorebirds including egrets, an osprey and an oystercatcher.

I've been intrigued by some new threads -- a silk thread for #13 count in 91 colors.

There is a new company that has licensed the letters of Greek societies. They have belts, bracelets and other designs. Since the societies and fraternities use the proceeds to fun their charities, purchasing these designs also benefits them.

I have found some new children's kits. In addition, Kreinik has directions for a glitzy friendhship bracelet..

I'll try to update tomorrow.