Saturday, May 29, 2010

David McCaskill Working on My Project

 
 
 

There was an unexpected opening in the Saturday class so I was able to be David's student again. Of course, I had to choose a canvas quickly. I had ordered Liz's fabulous Tulips with the hope that I might get to do it with David, but I had managed to sell it before David arrived. (Fortunately, David did get to work his magic with the tulips with Michelle.) But I decided to work on the Wintergreen canvas that I have show on the blog several times. I love that canvas but hadn't really looked at what was on the table. David wasn't sure what some of the items were. So he took out his pen with disappearing ink, and drew a vase with candy canes I will be making candy canes with Memory Thread and then attaching them to the canvas. He also decided that there was too much open space on the wall and drew a sconce on the wall. I'm always a little timid about drawing on a painted canvas but using a pen with disappearing ink reduces the anxiety. I even went home and worked on the canvas. I can't wait to work some more on it. It would be great to have it done before his next visit.
Posted by Picasa