Saturday, November 20, 2010

A Great Lighting Solution


I usually use a free-standing light that stands next to where I stitch. Recently, I've been working on Tony Minieri's In theFootsteps on the Pharoahs . It's a beautiful design but I'm finding it difficult to see clearly. Then I saw this fabulous magniscope. It's a magnifier that is backlit. To me, it's like working on #10 canvas! What a difference it makes.

At the right, I've taken a picture the piece through the magnifier with my camera. I'm not sure that's an accurate way to show how fabulous the magnificaton is -- but hopefully, you get the idea.

I've also included a picture of Nancy S. using the magniscope on the same piece.  She's using it with a Needlework system Four but it can be used with other stands, too. The light is very well-balanced.  I've also seen it used with a Lowry. It comes with a clamp so it can be attached to a table.


We have one set up in the store for you to try. If you like it, we can get it for you. For those taking Tony's class in January -- it may be a lifesaver.

Of course, you could always ask Santa to bring you one.
Posted by Picasa