Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wild Women


I love this series of Melissa Shirley's, partially because they are so whimsical. But in addition, the series seems to free stitchers to go over the top when they embellish these canvases. And these designs come to life with embellishment!

In the past, I have loved seeing Cleopatra, Queen Elizabeth I, Brunhilda and Frieda finished.

These are three relatively newer ones in the series. Fhe first one is Evita. I would have to use beads for her jewelry and pad her bust. Her hair would be marcelled.

For Mae West, I would have to use a laid filling for the background . And of course, she would get a padded bust, too.

For Coco Chanel, I would stitch over the glass of the shop window in accentuate so it would resemble a real shop window. And her pearls would have to be three dimensional.

Think of all the things you could do!


Posted by Picasa