Monday, April 06, 2009

My trip to Nebraska


I know that some of you were surprised that I was going to Nebraska. So I thought you might enjoy seeing the picture of one of the birds I went to see. The picture above is of a Greater Praire Chicken doing it's territorial/ mating dance. The male chickens defend a spot on a piece of prairie against other males -- and try to seduce the very particular females. There were up to 70 males in various stages of the dance - each female seems to come alone so that the males can fuss over her! We had some wonderful views of other birds too but didn't get to see the same level of performance with the Sharp-tailed grouse. I'm hoping that I can go again with Rick Wright to see the Sharp Tailed Grouse perform, too.

I did manage to get some stitching done but not as much as I had hoped. It's amazing how plane delays can eat into planned layover time.

I'm still working on the San Francisco mini stocking.

The big news is that Gretchen had done a stitch guide for the NYC mini stocking. Let us know if you want us to pull the threads for you and make a copy for you.
Posted by Picasa