Monday, February 21, 2011

Another Snow Day

I went to bed last night expecting a "dusting of snow."  When I woke up this morning, the dusting had turned into 7 inches.  Fortunately, we are closed on Mondays so I didn't have to worry about sending out the notice that we were closed for snow, putting the notice on the website and  leaving a message on the machine.   So I was able to enjoy the snow day.  I did think of all the schoolkids who didn't get a snow day because school was already closed.

I had time to browse through other people's blogs.  I was highly complimented that Jane of Chilly Hollow mentioned last week about our St. Basil's class.  I also learned that Carole changed her finished piece from her original due to a change in threads.  I also hadn't realized that the piece is 10 years old.

Tonight I plan on stitching.  I am working on the small oval version of the Rockefeller Christmas Tree.  I was supposed to have it finished ages ago.  I have discovered that it's good to have small projects to work on, particularly when working on much larger pieces.  Currently, I am taking two Tony Minieri classes - Footsteps of the Pharoahs and Patterns of the Orient.  Both require me to concentrate because they involved counting.  So it's good for me to have an alternative.