Monday, February 28, 2011

Stitching on Sunday-PATTERNS OF THE ORIENT

Five of us met yesterday  morning to work on our Patterns of the Orient canvas. The push to meet came from the fact that we need to have three sections finished before the next class. (Actually, for two of the sections, we just need to have the silk stitching finished. We will do the gold couching in class.) There were four different colorways represented. We are actually at different stages on our canvases. Diane missed the last classes soshe is more behind. Gretchen is speeding along. Nancy, Rose and I all of lots to do but you can see our canvases coming together.

I always enjoy seeing a design stitched in different colorways.  Inevitably, the colors change the prominence of an area.  I know this time I found it disconcerting that my wave pattern isn't in blues -- although it does look wonderful in the folds and browns.

It was really a wonderful morning with great stichng and great conversation. At the end, we had all made significant progress!
My Colors
Nancy's Colors
Gretchen's Colors

Rose's Colors