Sunday, February 27, 2011

Smaller Projects


I often work on larger canvases. Right now, if you have been following the blog, you know that I am in the midst of Tony Minieri's Footsteps of the Pharoahs and his Patterns of the Orient. I am about to start on St. Basil's. But sometimes when I come home from the store after teaching two classes or just after a busy day, I am too tired to have to count. (You may not know this but I really can't count. I should have one of those t-shirts that say "English Major -- You do the Math!)

I really enjoyed stitching the six inch rules. I did it in the new High Cotton and Kreinik. I used basketweave for all the yellow, backstitch for the lines and continental for the outlines and numbers. It was soothing and did not require me to concentrate. And I have the finished ruler in the store. I think this would make a great gift for a special teacher!
Posted by Picasa