Saturday, March 12, 2011

Good Night, Moon Ornaments


If you read my blog regularly, you probably know that one of my favorite canvases for a child is the Good Night Moon Canvas. When my children were little, we hung a Good Night Moon Poster up in the baby's room. When my husband was growing up, he played with Thatcher Hurd. His father was Clement Hurd, the illustrator of Good Night Moon. So when our first child came, my mother -in-law how Mr. Hurd sign the poster for us. So this canvas is really special for me.

So in the past, I've tended to carry the full-sized canvas. But this past week, Sally was looking through the catalogue. She suggested that we carry the ornaments. And so here they are. A perfect gift for a new baby. Any of these could be finished as an ornament but you could go beyond. The canvas could be inset in fabric; then do a round gusseted pillow. Wouldn't it look great on a rocking chair like the one in Good Night Moon?

Posted by Picasa