Sunday, March 27, 2011

Needlepoint Easter Eggs from Susan Roberts


We are enjoying the Susan Roberts Trunk Show. Right now while the St. Basil's class is going on, the participants are enjoying the canvases. This trunk show has something for everyone.

I like stitching items that are seasonally relevant; realistically, I know they won't be ready until the next year. But I am inspired by spring colors in the spring.

These three Easter eggs are charming. Because I have three children, I like finding something that is similar but different. I could stitch an egg for each one. And I would have great fun picking the fuzzy threads for each bunny. The top egg is the most realistic so I wouldn't be tempted to glitz it up. Instead, I would use Alpaca for the bunny. I would use a stranded silk for the sky so it would recede more. Think either wisper of petite peluche for the sky.

On the second egg, I would use some of the new candy colors from Kreinik for the glitz. I would use petite peluche for the bunny but petite very velvet for its ears.

On the third egg, I would repeat the blue from the water and the green from the grass from the first egg. I want the white areas to frame the bunny vignette. What would you do?
Posted by Picasa