Friday, March 25, 2011

St. Basil's Classes Start Today

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa. It's 5:00 am and I can't sleep. The kits are ready, Carole Lake has arrived and is in her hotel room ... After almost a year of planning, our St. Basil's classes start today. In order to do the class in three days, we limited enrollment to 10 students in each section. And then we had enough interest for two sections!

When it snowed this past week, I was worried that Carole would have trouble getting in. But in fact, not only did she have no trouble, her flight arrived 30 minutes early and her luggage was there when she got to baggage. This class has pre-work. I've completed 8 of the 9 steps so I'm in good shape since I'm in the second section.

On Wednesday, Susan Roberts trunk show arrived just in time for the class participants to see it. This show has incredible range -- there's a canvas for everyone. There are great Christmas ornaments incuding Nutcrackers that range in size from 6" to 36". Susan Roberts also has wonderful tallis bags. I love the vibrant colors in the stained glass ones.

When I think of Susan Roberts, I always think of her beautiful needlepoint canvases based on quilt patterns. They come in three different sizes - 6" squares, 10" squares and 12" squares. These canvases are lovely. We've taken pictures and I will be featuring the canvases on the blog for the next several weeks.
Posted by Picasa