Sunday, December 03, 2006

Warning about Magnifiers

At a recent class, one of our customers told of her near disaster with her magnifier. She left the magnifier uncovered by a window. While she was out, the combination of the magnifier and the sun caused her canvas to smoke. The threads were actually burned away! It was her completed Stars piece. Fortunately, she was able to rip the threads in that area and restitch the one area.

But it is a warning. Do not leave your magnifier uncovered by the window. It's a safety hazard.

No comments: