Sunday, November 29, 2009

Bruce's Tag

I really didn't think I would finish the tag for Bruce's stocking before Christmas. But I picked some stitches that went relatively quickly. It's hard to see the purple building on the right but I found a great stitch. It's the horizontal buttonhole gobelin stitch. It moves quickly and provides lots of movement.

Anyway, if you have been following the information about the Midtown Manhattan Stocking (we call it the Rockefeller Center Stocking), you know that we've been creating custom name tags for individuals to stitch. There really isn't room on this stocking for the name in a traditional cuff. Of course, one advantage of a tag is that the stocking can be handed down! After three years of work, I want it to be an heirloom.

We will be doing two name tags based on St. Patrick's Cathedral; we've done one of the Botanical Gardens and one of a Barnegat Light. I did this one because Bruce has worked at Rockefeller Center for almost 28 years. At least once a year, he sees a camel being walked outside. (The camels come from the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Show.) I just thought it would be fun to make this part of his stocking.
Posted by Picasa