Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Keep Calm and Carry On

Helen brought in her finished Keep Calm and Carry On needlepoint. It's been framed simply so that her beautiful stitching remains the focus. Helen used a modified cashmere to create the brick like background.  As she went down, the bricks got bigger! It will be in her husband's office.

I really think this needs to be my mantra for the next week. As many of you know, I am in the process of moving and selling the store. Our house closes on the 26th of August and the store closes on August 31. In addition, I drove my youngest daughter to college last week in Texas -- it's a long drive.

On the trip, we stopped to see old friends. Both are avid needlepointers so it was really fun to see their finished pillows. I had forgotten how much I had liked some of those designs. And I love seeing framed and pillowed canvases!

In addition, since I did most of the driving, we stopped at two needlepoint stores on the way. I always love to see how other stores display their threads, canvases and finishing.

So of course, I plan to share the things I loved with Vanessa Holloschutz, the new owner of Ridgewood Needlepoint. I am so delighted that she has purchased the store and that staff of Ridgewood Needlepoint will continue to provide their expertise.
Posted by Picasa