Saturday, October 01, 2011

Sales, Fall Fun & More

As promised, it is October 1st and I am making my first attempt at blogging. It has been a very busy month. First cleaning and organizing the store to my liking, getting familiar with the staff, hiring a new employee, learning the cash register, figuring out the copy/fax machine and then making all the administrative changes such as phone lines and payroll companies. My head is still spinning and now I am in Massachusetts on a college hunt with my daughter.



With all the changes we have going on we still had time for a sale. We marked down at least 500 skeins of thread to a $1.00 a piece. We also slashed prices on 300 canvases with drawers filled with $10, $20 and $30 items as well as a belts marked down to $40. One wall in the store is covered with still more mark downs as well and we have at least a dozen Christmas Stockings available for $75. If you have not had the opportunity to check things out please do so this week as we are only keeping things around until our first Trunk Show.


When stopping by the store check out our new windows which my college room helped decorate for the season. Which brings me to my next topic: Sunday November 7th we are holding our first ever Fall Frolic. It is a needlepoint party held from 10am – 4pm. Please check out the events page of our website for details and let us know if you are interested.

Move information another time and I promise pictures soon. I think I need to buy a new program for that. Eileen has told me hers was not the easiest to use and very time consuming.