Sunday, October 25, 2015

Gretchen's International Flag Belt
This belt has flags that represent the places that Alex has traveled.  He loves travel so this is belt is a good reminder of the wonderful places, people, tours and food that we have enjoyed.

I used The Needlepoint Belt Series  book to assist with the country flags.  They had many of the flags I needed and by the time they didn’t I felt comfortable charting a few of my own, for instance, the Panamanian Flag.   The book is available on Amazon.

If you don’t want to go this route our in store painter can line drawn the flags for you or even paint them if needed. 
This is a wonderful gift to for a student who does a semester abroad or to remember a trip.  Did you take a cruise and visit lots of ports?   Or do you know a genealogist might like a belt of the flags of their heritage? This belt has lots of opportunity to get creative.


Alex wants to know what happens when he visits his next list of places and I told him that I would stitch flag belt 2.0.  Thankfully this belt is a quick and fun stitch, safe travels!