Saturday, December 05, 2015

Sally's Project

It is a tradition in our family to make a needlepoint wedding sampler for the bride and groom.  I could not find one that I loved until Ridgewood Needlepoint had a trunk show and I saw this picture frame canvas.  I knew our custom painter.  Christine could work her magic and had her paint this names and the date on the canvas.  I came to the last stitching party and asked Gretchen for a background recommendation.  She came up with an open trellis stitch.  I started stitching wherever I could get a full stitch in and used floss to continue the pattern.  My plan is to stitch the entire background then go back, remove the compensation stitches, stitch the leaves, branches, bird and love.  As I go along, I will fill in the background compensation stitches.  I am using Vineyard Silk and will post another picture as I get further along.  Sally