Tuesday, July 03, 2007

July 4th Week

Although the store will be open on Thursday, July 5th, I won't be back until Sunday, July 8th to teach the make-up class on Rockerfeller Center.

I'm spending the week stitching on Shelter Island. Okay, I'm also swimming, reading, lazing about but I have done some stitching. Mostly, I've worked on The Quilt Line. It's the beginner's class I'm working on. It's part of the required work to complete the teacher preparation year in the National Assembly of NeedleArts.
In addition to designing and drawing the canvas, I've stitched about 1/2 of the canvas. In addition, I've completed the course outline and now need to work on the lesson plans. Part of the requirement is to prepare stitch samples.

I miss my painted canvas. The design is a line-drawn canvas. So, sometimes I've had to change threads or stitches to get the desired coverage.

It's coming along. I've done two of the quilts, one mountain, most of the ground and sky. Perhaps, I'll add a picture for you to see in the new future.

In addition, I'm supposed to be working on my Rockerfeller Stocking and the November (Thanksgiving) paper doll outfit. But I still have several days of stitching ahead.

I'll let you know how I progress.

No comments: