Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter in early March

Fortunately, Easter is rarely this early. In fact, only those 95 and over have ever observed an Easter this early and the next one this early won't be for over 100 years.

In the store, we did far fewer Easter eggs. Somehow, no one seemed to realize that it was this early until it was too late! I'm working on the Old World Stitching Santa and it doesn't seem out of season yet.

Of course, I am enjoying the forsythia we bought. I love the bright and cheery flowers -- they seem to promised that spring is coming. I was thinking that I haven't seen a canvas of forsythia although it would make a great canvas for embellishment.

I also had a chance to look at the classes for The National Needlework Trade Show in June. There are some great technique classes that I am looking forward to taking. Sign-up is tomorrow so I'll be waiting at 10 AM.