Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Not Enough Thread


Our customer came in after almost 5 years looking for Anchor Pearl Cotton #3. Unfortunately, she hadn't been reading our blog so she didn't know that Anchor Pearl Cotton #3 has been discontinued! We did try to get the color but the company stopped making it in December so there was none left. Ultimately, she had to use the Pearl Cotton #5 which looked pretty good.

We try to be accurate when we estimate the thread needed. But in order to make sure you have enough thread, the customer needs to go home and stitch a square inch with pre-measured thread. Then by calculating how much was used for the square inch, we can determine how much thread is needed. Of course, the customer would need to do this for each type of thead used on the canvas. I know I like to display what I stitch so I wouldn't want to spend my time doing swatches.

Threads get discontinued; dyelots are changing all the time. Unfortunately, it's an estimate. I'd rather have too much than too little.
Posted by Picasa