Thursday, January 07, 2010

I'm in Long Beach

I arrived on time in Long Beach although getting to the plane was an accomplishment. Somehow, my alarm did not go off. My husband woke up at 5 am and asked why I was still in bed. I ran out of the house and caught the car service just before he was about to leave. Then, I got dressed and was in the car within 5 minutes. But when I got to Newark airport, the security line was endless. It took over an hour. I finally got through the line, and was the last one on the plane before the doors shut!

I always think that California is amazing when I fly into San Diego. You can see the water and blue sky as you get off the plane. But I must say, walking to and from the hotel in Long Beach was beautiful today. The sky was blue and it was warm.

I took a great class with Sharon G today. The class was an elegant dragonfly. I'd love to teach this class. (I had planned to take pictures but realized that I left the camera battery and charger at home when I rushed out this morning.

Tomorrow I take a class with Amy Bunger on Spider webs.