Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

I  stitched the above grill master for my husband as a Father's Day Gift.  The finished ornament arrived just in time.  And I just loved the way it was finished! (When I gave it to him, Bruce asked if I had been stitching it next to him.  I had done part of it sitting right next to him.)

This is a great example of using a stitch guide as a guide.  I loved The Princess and Me's idea of using frosty rays in  bullion knots for the hot dogs is absolutely brilliant.  I  added a few more dogs and lots of smoke.  I also changed the background to a blue sky and added a patio deck so Santa wouldn't be floating in the air. 

With Princess and Me ornaments, the background is not usually painted so it's easy to change the color.

Sometimes it's easier to work from a guide.  You don't have to follow exactly but can choose what you like and don't like.
Posted by Picasa