Friday, July 15, 2011

Autumn Door


Posted by Picasa
In the heat of the summer, I'm ready for a little cooler weather.  So for those of you who like to stitch ahead, we have the Autumn Door Canvas with Stitch Guide available.  We only have a limited number of canvases --once they are gone, we won't have them again.

This was one of my favorite canvases to stitch -- partially because I love the fall.  Autumn colors just work for me.  And I love Halloween and Thanksgiving.  This canvas features a jack-o'lantern, a turkey and Indian corn.
The corn was beaded using different colored beads to get that decorative corn look.

Of course when I look at it, I see that the column behind the turkey should have been flatter so that the turkey was clearly in front.  By reducing the padding of the column just above the turky and making the turkey fuller, I could have improved that.  But you can make that change when you do it.