Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Metallic Soft Twist

This week, I discovered that we had about ten packs of Metallic Soft Twist cording. I think I bought it when we were doing the Candy Village Class but somehow never managed to use it. Each package contains a little over a yard of twisted cording. We have both gold cording and a copper/gold mix.

I know when I get around to the border of a piece, I am frequently just ready to have the stitching done. So instead of stitching a complicated border, I would couch down the metallic soft twist.

Imagine creating mitered corners and then using the metallic soft twist in between each corner.

Of course, my original idea would also be great. You could coil the twist and then couch it down. It would be great for lolliops, domed roofs, hair for whimsical angels, etc. It would also work on buildings. It's only $2.50 a package so it's an inexpensive embellisment.
Posted by Picasa