Friday, June 06, 2008

Classes at The National Needlework Association

The show hasn't actually started yet. But I've spend the last two days in class. I spent a day with Kelly Clark, the designer of the fabulous Old World Santa. In fact, she has a whole series of canvases with interesting baskets. The class I took involved a different basket but used the same technique. It really gives the canvas a three dimensional look. The whole trick is getting the weaving down pat. After such struggling, I think I'm ready!

I also took a fabulous class with Amy Bunger of the Amy's Cookbook Series and the DVD's How'd You Do That? The class involved an adorable blue vase from Melissa Shirley. We embellished the canvas with various stitches/techniques that could be used for so many different applications! Amy is a fabulous teacher. I'm so fortunate that I am taking her for the next three days.

We also saw segments from her next DVD which incorporates many of these techniques.

I'm looking forward to finishing and teaching his piece. It was just fun!

Tomorrow the trade show opens.