Saturday, January 17, 2009

The National Needlework Show-Day Three - Class and Show

Today, the actual show opened at 10 am. But first, I took a class with June McKnight. She is the author of all those small books (sort of index card size) with spiral bindings. The books are great but the class was fabulous! It was on borders.

The book is organized by the size of the border you need to stitch. June's sample is a belt sized canvas with a sample of each of the borders in the book. It's a wonderful reference and done on #13 mesh. I'm looking forward to teaching this class so let me know if you are interested.

I then went to the show itself. On the first day, I try to walk the entire show. I didn't quite make it but I only missed a couple of vendors. They are first on my list for tomorrow. The Point of It All has a wonderful London needlepoint belt. Rebecca Wood has a football canvas similar to her Baseball canvas. I also loved Treglown's Football play. It would be a great pillow for the football player in your life.

Treglown also had a purse used belts as the purse's strap -- a very clever idea. I also found another vendor for project bags.

I also got some wonderful stitched samples from The Princess and Me. I loved the graduation snowman -- easy to personalize for the graduate in your life.

I'm still sorting through everything I saw.

Tomorrow I'm taking another class from June McKnight on shading. We all know that it's not my favorite but still important to do.