Saturday, January 17, 2009

The National Needlework Show-Day Two of Classes

I arrived in San Diego yesterday. Today, I took a great class with Amy Bunger on Melissa Shirley's Pretty Peasant Dress. Amy had us do lots of stitches including a colonial knot rose! Wait until you see that technique! We also did lots of Jessicas. The class was fun and also reminds me of how much slower I stitch when I'm in class.

At the National Needlework Association (TNNA), we have to order items. But there is a Sample It! event the night before the show opens. It means that I get to come home with a few canvases. Lani had two lovely canvases for the Lee jewelry case. A couple of the vendors had new Christmas ornaments. Kelly Clark had some new socks and mittens plus a new Santa. I was able to get those in #18 and #13 mesh. There is a new designer who had canvas bag ornaments. I have six of those. Another vendor had Christmas ornaments in the shape of old fashioned lights and a happy birthday sign. I was also able to get 6 new kids kits.

Tomorrow, I take a class from June McKnight on Borders. Then, it's on to the show and all the new designs.