Saturday, June 02, 2007

The National Needlework Association Trade Show

I'm writing from Columbus again today. Today is the first day of the actual show. I've managed to walk the whole show.

The first day I try to visit all the vendors to get an overview of what's available. Usually I manage not to buy much on the first day. Then on day two and three, I'm always afraid that I haven't gotten enough.

For the Paper Doll Club, there there is now a blonde paper doll. (I have to find out her name). Of course, paper doll club memebers can choose her. I'll get a picture up and soon as possible. New outfits now include a Chanakuh outfit and fuzzy pajamas. What would you like to see?

Lisa Krause created the dolls. Her borzoi was used by Barbara Russell as the model of a great canvas of a borzoi who's quite regal but wearing glasses. Barbara's also added more dog belts-golden retrievers, boston terriers and corgis.

Magie & Co. is now licensing Our Faithful Friends wonderfully whimsical dog and cat canvases. The're great. The belt I did for ny husband Bruce was designed by Our Faithful Friends. Bruce and our son seem to share the belt!

Ridgewood Needlepoint will have some great needlepoint bags coming in June and September. The bags are ideal for carrying those projects. I also found a great star tote with a leather pouch. It's perfect for that large project you need to carry with you.

I have to admit that I couldn'r resist a rug this time. It's by Isabel's. It's a hurge canvas with a 1940's red truck. It's wonderful. I can't wait to get it.

I've ordered more threads for the stocking - Rainbow Gallery's new panache and Kreinik's gourmet colors. People have been admiring the Rockerfeller stocking all day.

I'll try to give you more information abot other designers tomorrow.

No comments: