Sunday, January 02, 2011

Easter Egg

I fell in love with Ann Wheat Pace's eggs at an ANG seminar several years ago. Unfortunately, I missed the bidding on the open egg so I had to stitch my own.

I sent off the egg with most of the Christmas finishing and it came back just before Christmas. I just love the way the egg looks. It reminds me of the sugar eggs we used to get as kids. The really great part of this egg is that there is really very little stitching. I stitched the stripes and the flowers. Most of the effect comes from the finisher's art.

There is time to stitch one of these lovely eggs and to get it back before Easter.  Check out her open egg designs at her website.   The open eggs are 270 A to O. Ann visited the store last week while she was visiting her children -- she told me she had them in stock. 
Posted by Picasa