Sunday, January 09, 2011

THe National Needlework Association Show- Day 1

First, let me say that although technology is a wonderful thing. In order for my phone and camera to work, I need to charge them. Last night, I had both devices charging but somehow, neither charge took. So today's pictures are very limited.

I do have one picture of the early stage of set-up and then a picture of a new company with two of it's artists. What a difference a day makes. Yesterday, most retailers aren't allowed on the show floor. But because my sister owns Needlepoint Broad, I get to see the booths being set up.

The show actually opened today at 10 AM after a ribbon cutting ceremony.
Then all the retailers line up to get inside the show room. Of course, we are all looking for new products (canvases, threads, accessories). But we are also looking forward to seeing old and new designers and vendors. I'm always curious to see which vendors returned. What do other stores like.

I like to walk the entire show on day one before I do any ordering. I look for canvases that will appeal to specific customers. What item am I still thinking about at the end of the day? Tonight, I am thinking about canvases featuring Tabasco sauce, two cute signs, a new cotton thread and several stockings with wonderful Santas. Leigh Designs has an absolutely stunning canvas of a Pagoda - temple of a thousand cranes stocked by Jane of Chilly Hollow. It was stocked with the new cotton thread. It is fabulous.

Tonight, my one goal is to make sure all my devices are charged!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iP

Location:Long Beach, CA