Friday, January 07, 2011

Wonderful classes

Today, I took several classes including two on threads that wire in them. One has a matte finish and is by DMC. Think of it as being similar to floral wire or wired ribbon. The other one is by Kreinik and has wire run through #16 braid.

In the one class, we actually tried to run the wire through the braid. Boy is the pre-wired stuff easy. It means you can embellish your threads with dimensional items.

In another class, the finisher showed us different uses for belt canvases. Of course, I love the Eliza B flip flops but there were other great ideas.

I also took a class on using twitter. I haven't started to do that yet but it could be fun. But I will need to set up an account first.

The last class I took was with Susan Portra. It was an excellent class based on her tag line - bring your canvas to life. It was wonderful and I learned some great techniques. Below is a picture of that class.







- Posted using BlogPress from my

Location:TNNA at Long Beach