Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Melissa's Large Animal Canvases


Melissa Shirley is known for her beautiful animal canvases that feature a stunning animal, bird or sealife. The large canvases have absolutely exquisite borders. We received these two stunning canvases with the trunk show. It would be hard to choose which one to get.

My summer house is on Heron Lane so I'm particularly tempted by the Blue Heron (I think it may actually be a little blue heron or a Louisiana Heron).

The seahorses have a much more graphic look but are also stunning. I can see stitching them using a partial spider web to get the raised ribs of the sea horses. And I love the splash of red from the crabs!

Of course, if we didn't get the canvas that you love,we would be delighted to order it for you at the trunk show price.

Posted by Picasa